Friday, July 4, 2008

Here We Are!!

Hello everyone,
Lots of people have bugged us to get a "blogspot"so here it is! I don't really know what I am doing yet, so give me a couple months to have it looking nice and glamorous :)

Well let me update everyone to what Will and I are up to lately.
In case any of you didn't know, we moved to DOWNTOWN Salt Lake City! yeah buddy! we love it here. We were getting so sick of Logan. Will received the job he wanted at the IHC Balance Center where he will work for a year completing his residency. He does vestibular testing and all that fun stuff. He is really enjoying it there and the best part is... he gets paid! He works full-time Monday-Friday. Any other questions... feel free to ask :)

As for myself, I am currently completing an externship which is where I work as an SLP (Speech Language Pathologist) under another SLP. I have to complete 3 of these placements before I graduate next year. For my externship this summer, I am working in a Birth to Three program which is located in Midvale. I travel to different family homes and teach the parents how to communicate with their infant. We cover from the point of the mountain to Salt Lake City. I work Monday - Thursdays. I also have two other jobs to keep me busy. One is at an assisted living community which is about a block and a half from my work. I am a receptionist and CNA there. I also have a job at the Banana Republic which I am really excited about!

As for school, Will and I will both graduate in May of 2009 which is one year from now. It has been a long road for both of us and we will be so glad to finally be able to just work and not worry about going to school. We might even have a life then. My last semester of classes is Fall and I will only have school on Mondays and Tuesdays which is why we chose to move to Salt Lake (since I can travel to Logan and Will will be close to his work). We felt it was the right choice. On top of my class work, I will have to do another externship which will be in the public schools. I am hoping to receive one in a high school because I know that I will NEVER work in the elementary schools but we will have to see what I get. Then for my last semester, I will just be working as a full-time Speech Language Pathologist at a hospital. I don't know which one for sure, but I will keep you posted.

To answer everyone's question...... no I am not pregnant..... and we don't want to have kids until we are at least finished with school. I just wanted to get that out of the way. We are just enjoying each other and our new lives in SLC. We love when people come to visit :)

1 comment:

Heidi-Ho said...

YOu guys kill me. I love the pic with you guys in your "Olympic hats". ha ha ha. Ryan would call them something else, but......Hope things are good for you guys. School start soon??? Scary!! ha ha ha...Loveyalots.